Mission & Vision
The mission of Lafayette Elementary School is to foster academic and social development of our students through a challenging and engaging curriculum, differentiated instruction, and on-going communication between parents, staff members, and students. We empower our students to be logical problem solvers, compassionate decision makers, and responsible citizens. Our commitment to high quality instruction nurtures the curiosity within and creates a community of learners who are capable of independent thinking.
Our vision includes:
- Strong BVSD standards-based curriculum, assessment and reporting.
- Trained staff members who are committed to learning and leading.
- School-wide focus on gifted and talented education which offers educational and experiential enrichment, challenges, and competitions for all students.
- Parents and community involved in supporting the education of all children.
- Students engaged in their learning and increasing their knowledge for real life applications.
- Safety and security for all students, staff, and volunteers.